February 20, 2007

Daddy's Day

Daddy’s Day

When it's still dark and I'm asleep,
My Daddy blows a kiss to me.

And then he softly sneaks away,
And that's the start of Daddy's day.

I think he’d like to rest some more,
But out he goes to start the car.

He smiles as he turns the key,
‘Cause while he drives, he thinks of me.

He works all day to help my Mom,
So we can buy things when he’s done.

Things like clothes and toys and books,
And yummy food that Mommy cooks.

He doesn’t even get to play,
But Daddy says that it’s okay.

He doesn’t mind his job, you see,
‘Cause while he works, he thinks of me.

Now hurry! Daddy’s almost home!
Pick up those toys! Clean up this room!

I hear him now! He’s at the door!
Come on! What are we waiting for?

I run and jump into the air.
My Daddy’s hug is waiting there.

He laughs and says he’s glad to see,
His pride and joy -- I think it’s me!

No comments:

Post a Comment