I Would if I Could
Poor little you, lying there in your bed,
Feeling sick from your toes to the top of your head.
Poor little you, lying there in your bed,
Feeling sick from your toes to the top of your head.
I wish I could fix you and make you feel good.
Do something to help you. I would if I could.
Do something to help you. I would if I could.
If I could, I would tickle your belly until,
Your tummy ache shouted, “I’ll leave! Yes, I will!”
Your tummy ache shouted, “I’ll leave! Yes, I will!”
If I could, I would get down right next to your ear,
And yell, “Boo!” so your headache ran home out of fear.
If I could, I would order your sniffly nose,
To jump into the wash and get clean with your clothes.
To jump into the wash and get clean with your clothes.
And I’d catch that old cough in a birthday balloon.
Send it out through the window and up to the moon.
Send it out through the window and up to the moon.
Well, I would if I could, but I can’t, so I won’t.
You’ll feel better sometime, but right now, while you don’t,
You’ll feel better sometime, but right now, while you don’t,
We'll just laugh at those pains ‘til their bothering’s done.
Being sick doesn’t mean you can’t have any fun.
Being sick doesn’t mean you can’t have any fun.
Very cute! You guys are so creative. Wish I had that gift.
ReplyDelete