My Daddy’s Lap
My Daddy’s lap is a very good place.
It’s where I go when I’m too sad to play.
Sometimes Daddy rocks me.
Sometimes we talk about things.
Sometimes I fall asleep.
My Daddy’s lap is a very good place.
It’s where I go when I’m too sad to play.
Sometimes Daddy rocks me.
Sometimes we talk about things.
Sometimes I fall asleep.
My Daddy puts his arms around me,
And holds me tight against his chest.
I can hear his heartbeat,
And I know I’ll feel better soon.
Even though I still have more tears.
When my little brother went away,
I asked my Daddy where he went.
Daddy said he was too sick to play anymore,
So he climbed into God’s lap for a rest.
God's lap is the best place of all, Daddy said.
When God puts His arms around you,
And holds you tight against His chest,
You can hear His heartbeat.
And you feel better right away.
And you have no more tears ever again.
One day, a long time from now,
I’m going to climb into God’s lap, too.
I’ll snuggle in, right beside my little brother,
And I'll know we’re in a very good place.
Just like my Daddy’s lap.
+Cropped.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment