The Sneaky Kiss
My Daddy gave my Mom a kiss,
A huggy, smoochy, silly kiss,
A really long and sneaky kiss.
(He didn’t know I saw.)
I jumped in there and made a sound,
A watching and a catching sound.
A sort of now-I’ve-got-you sound.
(I think I yelled, “Aha!”)
I said, “You’ll use my kisses up!
My cuddles, hugs, and squishes up!
You can’t use all my kisses up!”
(I panicked, I suppose.)
Then Dad and Mommy, with a look,
A laughing and a knowing look,
A caring and I-like-you look,
Explained the way it goes...
“Kisses, hugs, and love,” they said,
“All work a funny way.
The more you give, the more you have,
That you can give away!”
Then Mommy hugged and cuddled me,
And Daddy squished and snuggled me.
They very nearly smothered me!
And then they said, “It’s true...”
“You never have to worry, kid.
You funny and amazing kid,
You wonderful and crazy kid,
There’s always more for you!”
And then they gave me A VERY SNEAKY KISS!
No comments:
Post a Comment